Flexible, open and networked

e.solutions GmbH was founded in 2009 as a joint venture between Audi Electronics Venture GmbH and Elektrobit Automotive GmbH with the aim of bundling and further developing expertise in the infotainment sector. At that time, the assignment was to build a complete infotainment system for the A3, the Golf and the Skoda Octavia. From then onwards, however, our focus was no longer restricted to individual vehicles but expanded to encompass the complete product range of the entire VW Group.

Since the beginning of 2020, e.solutions has been a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG with the aim of further strengthening the software expertise of the Volkswagen Group. Elektrobit Automotive GmbH continues to hold 51% of the shares. The remaining 49% is held by Porsche Siebte Vermögensverwaltung GmbH, a 100% subsidiary of Volkswagen AG. By developing software for infotainment systems, cluster instruments and communication modules, we are further expanding the leadership position of Audi, Porsche, Bentley and the other Group brands.

„We don’t have a vision – we have a clear goal: to develop the best infotainment systems in the world.“

Together with our employees from 44 countries, we develop highly complex software for communication inside and from the car. We are passionate about the challenge of bringing consumer electronics to life in the car and firmly believe that data and services from the cloud will fundamentally change the way we experience and interact with the automobile.

With the continued development of autonomous driving, the future of the car will be defined by its interior. Software-based systems are already the decisive competitive factor today. By providing the greatest possible freedom, we can demonstrate our skills and creativity on a daily basis and successfully master another thousand software launches.

Our management team

[Translate to English:] Geschäftsführer Dr. Riclef Schmidt-Clausen

Dr Riclef Schmidt-Clausen studied industrial engineering at the TU Darmstadt, Germany. From 1997, he held various roles in the Technical Development department of Audi AG, which included spending three years in Tokyo. Before founding e.solutions, he was responsible for the development of radio/multimedia in the infotainment development department in Ingolstadt. Dr Schmidt-Clausen has been Managing Director e.solutions since 2009.

[Translate to English:] Geschäftsführer Uwe Reder

Uwe Reder studied computer science in Erlangen, Germany. From  1996 onwards, he held a number of positions at 3SOFT GmbH, now Elektrobit Automotive GmbH. His last role there was as head of the Engineering Infotainment division with over 300 employees. Uwe Reder has been Managing Director e.solutions since the company was founded in 2009.

Our locations

[Translate to English:] Außenansicht Gebäude Ingolstadt

Headquarter Ingolstadt:
e.solutions GmbH
Despag-Straße 4a
85055 Ingolstadt

Directions
[Translate to English:] Außenansicht Gebäude Erlangen

Location Erlangen:
e.solutions GmbH
Frauenweiherstraße 17
91058 Erlangen

Directions